We present five reasons why restaurant WiFi, which we offer, is tremendously important for locations everywhere. Offering WiFi gives restaurant brands a competitive advantage in the sense of tracking customers’ behaviors and building customer loyalty.
Why restaurant WiFi
Here are the five arguments, each followed by our reasoning:
- Increase customer satisfaction: Restaurant WiFi gets customers connected, regardless of location and at no cost to the customer. The restaurant may be situated in a shopping mall or some other wireless location, where there might be little or no coverage. If there is no WiFi, customers will be using cellular data plan minutes, at their own expense. If no cellular data is available, the restaurant WiFi is the only possible connection in most cases. Regardless, the free restaurant WiFi is a hero. Offering fast and easy-to-use WiFi within a location should be excellent. Customers are usually looking to get online quickly so click-through (with custom fields) or social login options could meet their specific needs.
- Build a unique customer database: Just by asking customers to register to use WiFi, restaurant brands have found it is easy to collect valuable information about customers. Lists generated through restaurant WiFi paired with customer analytics can help restaurant brands define business strategies and design future marketing opportunities to make their database even more effective. Offering newsletters, prizes, games, and other fun promotions build customer loyalty and encourage repeat business.
- Track individual customer behaviors: The WiFi network records when customers arrive and leave a restaurant. This data can optionally be matched to register receipts, loyalty programs, and other information. If the customer has not been seen in a while, their absence can trigger a targeted “we want you back” promotion. Customers can also be surveyed so restaurant brands can learn more about their likes and dislikes, including automated satisfaction surveys after each visit.
- Boost the brand perception: WiFi enables restaurant brands to align messaging based on the customers’ moment in their purchase journey. With sophisticated customers connecting across a variety of devices and situations, a branded splash portal is a great opportunity to showcase the information customers value such as special offers, promotions, useful links, etc. Some restaurant brands are always providing new offers while others have menus so timeless that changes are made only gradually if they must occur at all. Most restaurant brands fall somewhere between the extremes and find it a positive and valuable brand enhancement to provide a parade of related features and promotions along with ongoing customer engagement through restaurant WiFi.
- Promote specials: Restaurant WiFi offers many promotional tools as well as the ability to personalize offers based on guest behavior and personal data. This means restaurant brands can reach their most valuable customers before, during, and after their visits, making offers that match their past behaviors and known interests.
Finally, and this is a bonus reason #6, restaurant WiFi is one of the most important investments because restaurant brands are almost sure to make it sooner or later.
Why? Because competitors are already installing new guest WiFi solution of their own, though perhaps not an innovative solution such as Cloud4Wi’s product suite.
Cloud4Wi’s product suite is an excellent value and works with any WiFi hardware restaurant brands are already using. It is an easy installation for restaurant chains of any size, offers smart and easy management features, and starts building customer data and engagement from the very first day.
If you are interested to know what Cloud4Wi can do for your business, contact us now! We look forward to hearing from you.