The Prada Group is a global leader in the luxury goods sector, with brands including Prada, Miu Miu, Church’s, Car Shoe and Marchesi 1824.
In 2015, The Prada Group realized that the absence of guest Wi-Fi in their stores was affecting their customer base’s loyalty and satisfaction. The Prada Group’s customers wanted Internet access, and they also wanted easy social media access in order to share their in-store experiences.
Given their number of brands and store locations, The Prada Group knew that rolling out guest Wi-Fi would be a complex challenge. They required a solution that would make it easy to roll out and manage the Wi-Fi service globally, while ensuring a consistent customer experience. In addition, they had to be confident that the chosen solution would meet each country’s unique compliance rules and regulations.
The Prada Group chose to use Cloud4Wi’s Volare platform because it directly addressed the complexity issues with a lean IT approach, while also offering:
- Quick, non-intrusive customer onboarding
- Easy cloud-based management across all store locations
- Insight about customers and their in-store behavior
- Ability to match customers’ devices with a unique digital identity
- Accurate people counting
- Seamless integration with their existing third-party systems
The Prada Group implemented guest Wi-Fi in about 500 stores across the world and they quickly found that using Cloud4Wi’s Volare platform made the whole process easier than expected.
The platform simplified the creation and customization of welcome portals for all the brands of the group, as well as the collection of new contacts – through the social login – added to their customer database. The platform also enabled The Prada Group to understand how shoppers behave while in their stores and confidently make business decisions, such as when and where to best allocate merchandise and staff.
The successful implementation of Cloud4Wi’s Volare has given The Prada Group the foundation to build a more comprehensive view of customers and full personalization of the in-store customer experience with digital and human touch. Future plans include:
- Building an in-store digital catalog,
- Enriching customer profiles with valuable in-store attributions,
- Sending personalized triggered messages to loyal customers, and
- Notifying a sales assistant when a returning shopper walks in.
For more information on The Prada Group’s use of and plans for Cloud4Wi Volare, download The Prada Group Success Story.