Cloud4Wi’s President, Jeff Abramowitz, recently sat down with Oliver Chen, a managing director in the retail practice at Cowen & Co. Cowen, a Wall Street firm with deep expertise in the retail industry, interviewed Jeff for their Cowen Insight series on disruptive technologies. Fill out the form to get Cowen’s sector note, Marrying WiFi + Customer Connectivity with Cloud4Wi. Read the key takeaways from the interview and be sure to watch the videos included.
In the “Full Interview” aimed at Cowen retail clients, Oliver and Jeff discuss how cloud services like Volare™ provide a simple, yet powerful step toward the digital transformation of brick-and-mortar stores.
Oliver asks a broad range of questions exploring how platforms like Volare leverage in-store WiFi to improve customer experiences and gain customer insights. Watch the video to learn:
- Why retailers need guest WiFi (see our white paper for background on retail WiFi usage)
- How in-store “tags” on smartphones relate to “cookies” on a brand’s website
- How cloud solutions will change how retailers think about WiFi for businesses
- The range of use cases for these business services over WiFi
- Why European brands have been more aggressive in adopting the technology
- How retailers are using these platforms to compete with Amazon
- How the technology helps mall and shopping center owners boost business
- Why adoption of these platforms have not happened sooner
In a second short interview, “Briefing on Luxury”, Oliver probes marketing and analytics applications used in luxury stores.
Cowen’s sector note points out that brick-and-mortar businesses can use this technology to identify and utilize customer touchpoints, which can generate higher conversion rates, increase customer satisfaction, and ultimately build stronger and lasting customer relationships.